Practice Complaints Procedure

Patient feedback is important to us as it helps us to improve the service we provide to patients. We take patient complaints seriously and will attempt to address your concerns to your satisfaction

How do I complain?

Please choose one of the following options:

  • Telephone the surgery on 01636 702363.If available, you will be transferred to a senior member of the practice team who will be happy to hear your complaint.
  • If you are in the practice, ask to speak to a senior member of the practice team. They will be pleased to talk to you if they are available to do so.
  • Fill in a Complaints Form and post it back to the practice or deliver it back by hand. Please address your envelope clearly to the Practice Director.

What Happens Next?

  • If you speak to a senior member of the practice team face-to-face or on the telephone, every effort will be made to resolve your complaint within 24 hours. You will be informed if further investigations are necessary, in which case you will receive a letter once the investigation is complete.
  • If you send in a written complaint, this will be acknowledged within 3 working days. If further investigations are needed, you will be informed at this time. You will then receive a further letter when investigations are complete.

How do I complain to someone Independnt?

We would prefer to have the opportunity to answer complaints ourselves in the first instance. However, you may pass your complaint directly to:

Patient Experience Team
Nottingham & Nottinghamshire Integrated Care Board
Sir John Robinson House
Sir John Robinson Way
Tel: 0115 8839570
Email: [email protected]If you would like further information please follow the link to the ICB website:Patient Experience and Complaints – NHS Nottingham and Nottinghamshire ICB

However, please note, patients cannot raise the same complaint with the practice and the ICB.

Is there a time limit?

A complaint must be made within 12 months of the date of the incident that caused the problem or the date of discovering the problem.

Please remember, the quicker you complain, the easier it will be to investigate the facts.

If you are not satisfied with the outcome?

You can contact the parliamentary and Health Ombudsman (PHSO) on 0345 015 4033.

For more information see their website

Other useful contacts

  • The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) offers confidential advice, support and information on health-related matters. They provide a point of contact for patients, their families and their carers.

You can contact PALS on 01636 685692 or by writing to:

        Newark Hospital, Boundary Road, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24 4DE

  • POhWER, NHS Complaints Advocacy, on 0300 020 0093.  For more information see their website